In its fifth year of operation, The Neil and Barbara Chur Family Gallery is located in the Roycroft Power House and offers a venue for artists to showcase their work that is steeped in the tradition of head, heart and hand craftsmanship. All exhibits are free to the public and open daily from 10 am to 5 pm (unless the building is closed for a private event).
Grounded by Nature
Diane Castle Babcock and Marsha Van Vlack
Diane Castle Babcock is a native of Spencerport, New York. She has been a printmaker for thirty-five years. Babcock has owned her own picture framing business, worked in galleries and museums, and was a visiting artist with Young Audiences of Rochester. She taught Art at Adirondack High School in Boonville, NY. She retired in 2017 and now devotes much of her time to printmaking. Diane is currently a member of the Arts and Craftsman Guild.
Marsha Van Vlack has been working professionally with clay for the past 40 years. She enjoys working with low fire Raku and saggar firing techniques. The influence of natural forms are continually present in her work. Marsha teaches at the Wellsville Creative Arts Center to satisfy her desire to share her love of clay. She is honored to have been a Roycroft Master Artisan and named a Master Craftsman for the 100 American Craftsman at the Kenan Center.
The exhibit will run from February 23rd – April 19th, 2019.
For further information, call 716-655-0261.
Upcoming 2019 Exhibit Schedule
- April 2019 - Marie Gniazdowski: Jewelry Designer
- July 2019 - Julie Leidel: Painting
- September 2019 - Bill Kuczmanski: Glass
- November 2019 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild Show
- December 2018 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild featuring Mary Ellen Bossert (painting), Karen Carlton (painting) and Mark Wood (woodwork)
- September 2018 - Juliarose Triebes: Textiles & Keith Wiesinger: Woodwork
- July 2018 - Holly Bird: Printer
- April 2018 - Mary Pratt: Pottery
- February 2018 - Cassandra Boyd: Multimedia Painter
- November 2017 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild featuring Janice Castiglione (printing and fiber arts), Patricia McDermott (bead artist), Kim O'Sullivan (jewelry), Stephen M. Russ (drawings), Stacy Smith (jewelry), Barbara Strzepka (porcelain painting), John Thiesen (Furniture maker)
- September 2017 - Elizabeth Andrews: Printmaking
- July 2017 - Cynthia Hand: Jewelry Designer
- April 2017 - Bob Maurer: Watercolor Painter
- February 2017 - Yoshiko Yamamoto: Block Printer
- September 2016 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild featuring Diane Castle Babcock (printer), Lisa Ballowe (jewelry), Paul Brinkworth (painter), Jim Cordes (wood worker), Katie Gasiecki (jewelry), Marie Gniazdowski (jewelry), Lisa Schreiner (multi media), Vicki Schneider (glass artist) and Yvonne Stoklosa (stained glass)
- July 2016 - Ron VanOstrand: Metalsmith
- June 2016 - CJ Hurley: Painter
- April 2016 - Lisa Schreiner: Multi Media
- February 2016 - Diane Castle Babcock: Block Printer
- December 2015 - Charles Clough: Painter
- September 2015 - West Coast Arts & Crafts featuring Kristine Baker (silk painter), CJ Hurley (painter), Julie Leidel (painter), Natalie Richards (embroidery) and Yoshiko Yamamoto (printmaker)
- July 2015 - Jim Cordes: Furniture Designer
- June 2015 - Marie Gniazdowski: Jewelry Designer
- April 2015 - Marsha VanVlack: Ceramic Artist
- February 2015 - Melanie Chimento: Photographer