Whether you have a few hours, or multiple days, there are a variety of activities in which we can immerse your group in the Roycroft experience. Here are some options to think about:
- 1-hour Tour of the Campus: The tour will take the group around the Campus giving a history of the Roycroft and an overview of the Arts & Crafts movement.
- 2-hour In-depth Tour of the Campus: The tour will take the group into the interior of many of the buildings on Campus giving a more detailed history of Hubbard, his wives, the Roycrofters and their artwork.
For groups over 30 people there is a discount on each ticket. Tour tickets also include admission to the Campus Museum.
Entrance into the Museum on the Campus will give guests access to some of the original artwork, photographs, letters, books and furniture of Elbert Hubbard and the Roycrofters.
Museum admission is included with Tour tickets, or visit the Museum on it’s own.
- Printing Press Demonstration & Print: One of our printers will give your guests a short history and demonstration of the 19th century printing presses on the Campus. Individuals will each have an opportunity to run the press and make a print, which could be used later in a book binding project or on its own.
- Book Binding Project: This hands-on workshop has guests creating a faux-leather journal in the same manner as the original Roycrofters. If individuals made a print earlier in the day, this could be bound in the journal as well.
Other workshops and demonstrations may be available. Options and cost will depend on the size of the group, date & time, and instructors.
We have a variety of subjects and speakers which we could arrange to talk to your group, throughout the day, during lunch or dinner, or even in the evening depending on your agenda. Please visit our Speaker’s Bureau for possible topics.
Meet and Greet Artists
- Artists in Residence: The Campus has a variety of artists in residence, in various media. We can possibly schedule a visit to see their studios and talk to them.
- Artists Studios: There are a variety of artist studios around East Aurora, in various media. We can possibly schedule a visit to see their studios. Transportation would need to be supplied by the group.
Dining on the Campus
- Lunch on the Peristyle: There’s nothing quite like lunch on the Peristyle of the Roycroft Inn. Limited by the size of your group.
- Fine Dining at the Inn: A variety of sit-down, buffet or family style options are available for small to large groups. Reservations are required
There are other attractions, some within walking distant of the Campus, which groups might be interested in including:
- Elbert Hubbard Museum: Housed in one of the original Roycrofters home, this is a not to miss Museum filled with original furniture, artwork and studio. Within walking distance from the Campus.
- Baker Memorial Church: Home to 16 original Tiffany stained glass windows. Within walking distance from the Campus.
Visit our Nearby Attractions for more options.
Additional Information and Scheduling
For additional information, availability and pricing, please contact Alan Nowicki at email@example.com or call 716-655-0261.